Thursday, November 02, 2006

me and you

Last Saturday, my sister and I did some last minute shopping at Sungei Wang. It is indeed a bad idea to go to that area on a weekend because of the bad traffic and becos of the lack of parking space. But this was important, it was her birthday and I wanted to get her a phone. But since the poor dear couldn't decide on a phone after browsing a few stores, I decided a digital camera would do. Then we walked around some more and scanned and commented on the crowd.

When we had had enough, we discovered it was not only raining cats and dogs, it was raining buffaloes and cows as well!! It was HEAVY HEAVY rain coupled with massive thunder and lightning. And we had parked the car in Starhill cos we had lunch there earlier. So getting from Sungei Wang to Starhill was not gonna be easy. Especially with our shopping. We took the overhead bridge into Lot 10 and pondered of running in the rain towards Lot 10 which by then had seemed to had gotten worst. Then my sister suggested we just purchase an umbrella from Guardian upstairs cos if we were to run, we'd be soaked thru. Logical. 3 floors up, we pass by this shop which just called our names! It was called THEATRE. And I've never seen it before. It has awesome clothes!! Both for guys and girls. And I must say their clothes have a very dramatic flair. Very cool. We wound spending some money ;) Then to Guardian. The umbrella only cost 9.90 but we spent about 60ringgit on other stuff. I tell you, typical shopaholics!!

And guess what? Upon attempting our 3rd time into the downpour, we discovered the rain had stopped. How ironic!! How long were we in there anyway? Madness.. And my sis also would up carrying back home this paper bag of clothes that she had intended to give her friend R, when we met her earlier. None of us realized it until we were home. Talk about your mad days. But it was fun. She turned 21 on that day and there was a huge gala dinner at my place. And I mean HUGE!! We catered this huge bbq thing with 2 chefs who meticulously carved away at the lamb that my dad had specially bought. It was a whole lamb!! Speared thru and roasting over the charcoal. There was satay. And ice kacang and all the usual stuff. Mad rush of people came too. Fun day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooh all that food! How come i wasnt invited to this shing-dig! All is forgiven, just buy me something from 'theatre'! Happy BDAY Jennifer!

ps. i miss shopping with you..when are we gonna shop a storm? have u forgotten me:9