Friday, November 10, 2006

don't speak

My friend Caramel and I were talking about school life and who we were in high school and what we did and how we did it, and the conversation became rather interesting. It's always nice to talk about the past and laugh about things that did not seem funny at that time and cherish all those good times. So anyway, I just have to share this funny incident that Caramel told me. It involves his Momma smacking him clear across the living room. I'm like WAHT?!

Apparently one day, after the end of the major exams, Caramel had skipped school without his Momma's knowledge. This is after all common practice. It's either you don't go at all or you run away at some point. And it just so happens that on that day, Caramel's Momma visits the school. Why is she visiting the school? Cos she's president of the school PTA!! Imagine her surprise when one of the teachers tell her, "I hope your son is feeling alright. Will he be in school tomorrow?" Recovering from her shock and acting cooly but burning inside, she said, "Yes. Yes. He'll be back tomorrow. Just a small case of runny nose."

Back home, the charade went on. Poor Caramel pretending he just came back from school. His Momma asking him how his day was. And he went on and on about it. All the while adding fuel to his Momma's rage. Then suddenly, "Caramel, please come down here for a moment". Innocently with eyes wide open, "Yes, Momma?"

"Tell me the truth now. And I want the truth. Where did you go today? And I know it wasn't school you went to cos I was there!"

That was when a war of words started. He denying despite the fact the he had been caught red handed. But he kept on denying. And she screaming at him for being a liar and disappointing her. On and on. And of course, the words got harsher and harsher. To a point where she said, "You son of a bitch! Shut up when I'm talking to you!"

And he went, "Well! Whose the bitch now?!"

And with that her hand shot out and he went clear across the room!!

But all went well after that.. I guess they both needed to let out pent up anger. Ha..ha.. But Caramel's Momma is one cool woman. She used to be a DJ and she's very up with the times. Heck, she's even recently asked him, "Caramel, have you got a boyfriend yet? You're not getting younger you know.." How cool is that? Although, personally I'd die if my mum ever asked me that.

So there you have it. High school.. Such a turbulent time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How far exactly did he fly? Ha.. ha.. But yea.. those were the days when life was fun and oh so trivial!

Anonymous said...

heeee.. funny! terry, i had a dream that we were on amazing race asia and you came out there and then!! With of course me being your cool and talkative race partner.