Thursday, September 21, 2006

superstar

Recently I was selected to be part of a tv commercial for the company I work for. Before this, it was all print jobs but now actual living colour. The people I work for wants to go all out in advertising and want to promote publicity anywhere and anyway they can. This commerical is called Amazing xxx.

So anyway, my role call was at 5am. This meant I had to be up at 2.30am. And who on earth wakes up at 2.30?! I was already cursing. It was something that I would be doing for the rest of the day. My make up was done in 15 minutes. It could have been shorter since I don't really need all this makeup but the guy who was doing me thought i needed plumper lips. So.. My motto is never to mess with perfection. And so from 5am to 1.30pm, i sat and waited for my scene to be shot. That's right. 8 hours of my life that I would never get back. I knew this would happen. Since when were shoots ever on time? But I am professional. So i waited and never complained. The best part, I did not even know what I was supposed to do for my scene. So I had no chance to rehearse.

When my turn came, I found out to my horror that I had to conduct games with little children!! OHMYGOD!! I had to pretend to like children and smile for all I was worth. This was definitely karma biting back at me. I was like damn. Everyone of my friends who got selected for the commercial had easy roles. Just walking by with their trolley bags, or group poses, or just mingling with passengers. But ME?! Noooooo.. MINE had to be with children, singing and dancing. Lord. Have mercy on my soul.

After about 5 or 6 takes. I was done. Thank God no more kids. No more singing. No more fake smiles. It was a test of my strength. God knows how much of the footage would actually be used. Probably just about 5 seconds worth. I was congratulated on a job well done. I said goodbye. And left. Tired. Thank God for makeup otherwise the bags and dark circles on my eyes would have been screaming for attention. So, people. Look for me on a tv near you soon. And please, i don't do autographs.

3 comments:

Aby said...

hahaha.. hilarious. they must have a spycam in your house, taping all those kids your mom takes care off.. that was your audition tape darling!

Anonymous said...

ahahah!!! oh you so perasan! and thats why we love u! hahaha! hey u softie, underneath is all, u love kids! Dont u want it with Nalini?

POWER COUPLE=POWER KIDS

Collecting Moments said...

U autograph my issue of female magazine wat! :D Cant wait to see u on TV.