Wednesday, July 19, 2006

truly, madly, deeply

Following in the footsteps of Elton John and marrying his gay other half is Darren Hayes. Yes! Darren Hayes formerly of massive Aussie duo Savage Garden. I must say I am not amazed at the news. I always had my suspicion especially when he went solo and his videos began getting abit gay vibey. And the guy was even married at one point! This just goes to show you can never judge a person at all. You think you know a person, and then BOOM your whole world changes when the person reveals something shocking. .

There are many examples in life that I can give but I'll stick to one. Back in college, there used to be a guy who was considered the Brandon Walsh of my college. Alot of girls were drooling for him and he kept this mysterious aura about him. No one suspected a thing and if I recall correctly, there was even a girlfriend and all. But now, five years down the line, Mr. Brandon Walsh is openly gay and happily in love with his boyfriend! Much to the shock and disbelievement of girls and guys alike. Ha..ha.. I still laugh thinking about this one.

I have another friend Ms. High Maintanence whose man of 2 years left her for another man. She certainly didn't see that coming. I've had my share of encounters with straight men too or men whom society perceived were straight. It's a pity that these people have to live in the closet and not know the kind of liberation that comes with coming out.

Ladies, hold on to your men cos you never know. Especially if their gorgeously handsome. They might just turn at the drop of a cologne-laced hankerchief. Think BrokeBack Mountain. And alot of men will never admit it but they do think about it.

Ok.. back to Darren Hayes. I quote "On June 19th 2006 I married my boyfriend of two years, Richard, in a Civil Partnership ceremony in London. I can honestly say it was the happiest day of my life. I feel lucky to live in an era where my relationship can be considered legally legitimate and I commend the UK Government for embracing the very basic Civil Liberty."

Congratulations Darren and Richard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was talking to my mom last night and said the lack of straight men in malaysia..look at erra fazira with yusry (apparently he was/is gay). I cant beleive my mom is in the know who is gay or not and esp.gossiping about malaysian artists. I think her agama classes are becoming quite handy.

anyway, dahling..told my mom i have you to check on me if my man is potentially gay before i hit the aisle. So be true and let me know the truth.

ps. i'll never forget the time you ganged up with what's-her-face to scare me that my man was gay.. geezz...

sky dancer said...

There's more to your mama than meets the eye darling!

And by the way, i did not gang up on you. I still stand with what i said. What's-her-face simply joined in to annoy you :)