Sunday, April 01, 2007

sittin up in my room

This weekend, I finally managed to repaint my room. And I'm sharing the results. It took 2 whole days. To move out everything and then do the preliminary stuff, and then mix the paints, and then actually start painting. Then move everything back in. Backbreaking! But it's a change of colour and scene so I'm glad.

And not to mention, in the midst of all this, I still managed to find the energy and time to go clubbing on Saturday. Came back at 6am. Was in church at 10am. Then back to doing up my room immediately after that. Haven't slept since.

I wanted to do a very disco-ey effect but I decided in the end, the cost would be ridiculous and it would be too time consuming. But this is good enough. The colour is cooling and soothing.


God knows how long this colour scheme will stick with me. Stay tuned for more episodes of Terry's DIY workshop.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

funky dinky do!! Its great..how weird im actually doing the same for my room but im actually coming up with some concept and shit.. going to do some of my artwork on it. just got inspired by this book my friend lent me..its called wall to wall..really good stuff. i think u can still add some more cool ideas on your wall..

hugsy poo,
e

The Made Up Maiden said...

Oh wow...that looks really funkadelic...but I imagine it must've been a bit of work....all those squares, looks good though!

Collecting Moments said...

oh la la new walls! looks good, but im surprised that u used blue.

sky dancer said...

I know.. was gonna use purple or bluish pink but couldn't find the right hue. so for now.. it's this. And it was alot of work. All the measuring. You know ho wi hate numbers especially numbers that need measuring!

Barnicles said...

great job!!! it looks great! worth all the trouble :)

Anonymous said...

This place could turn into a DEAR TERRY blogsite......

here goes Terence,

I'm lookin out for a killa tux for a best fren's wedding (2months to go). Whadya think, do u know if Zangtoi makes tuxes, or should i rock up to Bangkok to get one?

Also, where da hell does a guy get a str*pper for his best fren in KL?
(female, mind u)

sky dancer said...

I like tat Dear Terry idea.. Hmm..

Okay Kelv. Will get back to you on tat. As for getting a stripper. Try the yellow pages ;)

The tux thing, I suggest hitting the stores of KL Plaza, they've got good choices. Or being the jetsetters that we are, Bangkok is good too.

Anonymous said...

DEAR TERRY...

tell me what u think. Which is u?

http://www.afterhours.com/browse_tuxedo_styles.html?category=catalog&paytype=rent

sky dancer said...

I think this is more my style..

http://www.afterhours.com/styles_detail.asp?category=catalog&page=3&style=373&type=&brand=+&accesscolor=&Nav=

Altho I don't think I'd be wearing the purple vest. I'd just do the white shirt with collar overlapping the tux jacket.

And for the inside I'd be wearing this ;)

http://www.fashion156.com/fashion/man/index.php?page=2&issue=2