Monday, March 19, 2007

freedom

This weekend was supposed to be a weekend full of dancing and merry making. I had plans for Friday night, Saturday night and even Sunday night! All involving dancefloors, shots of alcohol, beautiful people and tons of glamor. BUT i only made it to Friday night. After a hard night of partying, I woke up on Saturday with an unusually high body temperature. In fact, it felt like i was on fire. And getting out from bed was like walking through a glass door. I was thinking to myself, this is a really bad hangover. An hour later, i realized it was not hangover. I was really sick. By then, i was coughing, sneezing, wheezing, in extreme pain. My whole body felt raw. Moving was too painful and despite my fever, I was constantly freezing!! I bet i was the only person in this tropical heat who was wrapped up in a blanket.

The doctor gave me tons of medication with so much instructions. This is for morning, this is for night, this is for after meals, this is for before meals, this is that, this is this. Madness.. By nightfall, I was feeling close at death's door. When I was a kid, I used to grab a pen and paper and start writing out my will whenever I felt sickly. Mum would always call me a drama queen. Yes ladies and gentlemen, Mum freely uses the word queen on me ;) But I always say better be safe than sorry.

On Sunday, i had lost all taste sensation in my mouth. My tongue felt like concrete. It was a bad feeling. Felt like rubbing cili padi on it to awaken the dulled tastebuds. The medication i was taking was really working cos I was seriously drugged up on Sunday. Felt like i was in a daze the whole day. But today I'm all ok. Feeling much better. Just abit angry cos I wasted the weekend.

But it's ok.. There are more weekends to come ;)

1 comment:

Collecting Moments said...

What am i getting? ;P