Wednesday, February 07, 2007

nobody wants to be lonely

This is it people.

The Red Day is almost around the corner. And with it comes all the sickeningly sweet love notes, the diabetes enducing chocolates, the gag-me romantic movies, the whole enchilada. Cupid is everywhere these days. And my posse and I have noticed that a lot of hook ups tend to happen at this time of year. Especially from mid January onwards. Maybe it's unintentional. Maybe it isn't. All I know, it gives me goosebumps!

Personally, I've never celebrated V Day and I know alot of my ladies don't either. More power to us! Never saw the point. There should never be a specific day for us to celebrate love. Sure, maybe the day has it's merits in the beginning with St Valentine's helping out all those lonely soldiers blah blah blah but NOW it's a whole load of commercial crap!! Everywhere you go you see Cupid flying around, you see hearts, hearts and more hearts!! And you see red everywhere. Jason would definitely approve ;) Let the bloodshed begin!!!!

Always been a dream of mine, to drive around on V Day with water balloons and throw them at all the mushy couples by the streets who think they are doing themselves and their so called other halves a favour by being with each other on this so called Blessed Day from Eros. Well, let me do you a real favour by giving you a wake up call. SPLASH!

He's cheating on you!!
She was a man!!
He's married!!
She's got multiple STDs!!
He only wants your sex!!
She only wants your money!!
SPLASH!

Stupid lovebirds. Should be shot dead and mounted on the wall. Plus everything is so irritatingly expensive. Gives us normal folks such headaches to even go out although I try not to cause my gag reflex isn't so strong.

My beautiful friend Colloquio sent me some amazing photos that describe my feelings for this day. So I'm sharing with it with all my fellow haters out there ;)

This one really made me laugh!! Very fitting.



















If only someone had the guts to really send this out to their wife.





















This had me in tears!!!



















This is abit Fatal Attraction but cool!!




















And this one is the kind of romance I appreciatte. Very sweet.
















Happy Bloody Valentine's to you all!!

10 comments:

The Made Up Maiden said...

Tsk tsk...

I thought I'd been watching too many violent movies of late but apparently you have been affected far more dearly than I have..

Dearest darling, V-day isn't just for lovers, its for anyone who cares or loves someone else. I agree there are a lot of people out there who really shouldn't be celebrating it, but I for one love the symbolism of V-day. Just as much as I dig Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Year's eve.

Oh and let's face it...its hard enough for men to show us their appreciation for us on a daily basis...let's not take away the one day of the year where they can bloody make an effort. ;)

The Made Up Maiden said...

Oh and...its been tradition for us to always hang out on V-day, have you forgotten? :(

There may be distance that separates us but my heart is always with you then, darling...

sky dancer said...

Aaah.. tradition dictates that we be together. Where shall we hang this year? Paris, Tokyo, Morocco?

The Made Up Maiden said...

LOL that would be lovely but since I'm stuck in Melbourne feel free to join me here...you did promise a trip up here. ;)

Unknown said...

I.. so love your post :p
And as a witty young man once said, "Let the bloodshed begin!!!!"

Collecting Moments said...

Initially I wanted to write something cynical, to hell with romance and bla bla bla.

But you know wat terry, i got to agree with nalini on the whole "its hard enough for men to show us their appreciation for us on a daily basis...let's not take away the one day of the year where they can bloody make an effort." part.

Most of straight guys, are lack of romantic genes, but I dont want la they go all out during Valentine day..its like kinda fake..it feels like just for show only. Y cant they just be romantic on random days? Someone please slap some sense into this men!!!

Valentine sucks! We shouldnt squeeze romance into one silly day. it should be all year round.

Collecting Moments said...

Terrytalks, you are tagged!! Come over for a meme. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with nalini and honey star..men need a bloody to remember how to treat a woman. But sadly i cant say much about this valentine's day.

Right now, im too spaced out on prozac to care. I didnt realise it was freaking Vday tomorrow until i was at the florist and saw loads of fresh roses and there i thought i was celebrating the excitement of chinese new year.. sigh.. cant wait for Vday to be over. Ill be going to the docs for meds on V-day. Woohoo!!

Anonymous said...

wow sweetie,u sure must have had some major issues in the past to feel as such bout V Day...

I totally dig what nalini and honey star commented in a way.It ain't totally bout lovers celebrating V Day in their own mushy-washy way,but its also about those around you - whom u care and cares for you.

Its also a time for reminiscing those fond memories shared together with family and friends and as a lil' token of love,small gifts from the heart or lil' notes or messages of love from the heart can be shared especially on this day.And its especially for some whom i believe are too caught up in their egoistical world to share/express their feelings and they have this day to blame it on!

So darling,lighten up a lil and have heart...Give yourself this small opprtunity today,marking Valentine's Day,to let others in - to let you know they care and love ya...kisses

Anonymous said...

kinda agree of what anonymous said...

so please,, would u let me in,, one more time??
i do care about u...and love u so dearly..

hope things wud goin well soon,, like wat we both want..

what am i thinking??? here i am posting some romantic stuff,, trying to embaress u and make a fool of my self as if im a groupie dat hv a huge crush on their idol..duh!! sigh...