Sunday, April 18, 2010

causing a commotion


Recently, a friend of mine SMB had his photo taken without him knowing while he was sleeping. SMB is usually very composed and well put together so this photo really upset him cos it was not a flattering photo at all. From I heard, his mouth was gaping open with all his cavities and fillings on full display and the angle was the most disastrous angle ever. He did his best to try to get the offending photo deleted from the offender's blackberry. SMB even got his gf SCG to call the offender at well past midnight to delete the photo. I don't know what deal was reached but the offending photo was eventually deleted and peace came upon the land once again.

When I heard about this, memories of my own narrow escape with a nasty photo came back to me. It happened about a few months back. I fell asleep on the bus and the moron whom I had shared a bed with many many times thought it's be funny to take my pic and upload it on facebook. And let me tell you that it WAS THE MOST HORRID PIC OF ME that I had ever seen in my entire life. Nothing about it was nice. NOTHING. It was just nasty!! Ugh.. I get chills just thinking about it. And I am a person who takes photos and composure very seriously. So this really brought my world down. I had to do damage control. But instead of lashing out at him for doing what he did, I put my mind to work. What would work best? Blackmail him with some past secret? Threaten to end our friendship? Threaten him with bodily harm? Beg him? I had to do something to make sure he deleted the photo but what?

Finally i decided on emotional blackmail. It was my most biggest weapon at hand. So i laid it on. Saying how I've never hurt him and I've always cherished him and that I've always valued him and how could he do this to me? How could he hurt me in such a nasty way? Does he not care for me? I played the role of the wounded lover but with pride. I was not gonna beg ;)

And all my drama worked. Cos he not only removed the pic from facebook but deleted the original in front of me. Whew! Crisis avoided ;)

Some might be thinking what's the big deal about a bad photograph? Believe me when I say you have no idea how easy it is to destroy a person's reputation with a single photograph.

Cheers ;)


No comments: