Thursday, December 17, 2009

empire state of mind

This is a story of a little fat girl who could ;)

Yesterday, I attended a dinner party with a theme. Everyone had to dress up and mingle and eat and drink and socialize. One of those events that you simply need to attend just to keep yourself current in the social calendar.

So anyway at this event, the aforementioned Little Fat Girl (LFG) was there in her most cutest outfit according to theme. And let me say that LFG was in her best PR mode. Now normally LFG would be the one in the background, the one everyone laughs at because of her size but mostly because of her face, the one everyone ignores but at this event, she was the hostess with the mostess. She kept checking on everyone's drinks. She kept topping up everyone's drinks. She made her rounds with each social group. She laughed. She posed. She was extremely social. A fact that I never knew she had in her. And I must admit that I was quite impressed with this sudden change of character.

Okay.. Maybe her newfound confidence was due to her recent weight loss. She's half of what she used to be. Hence her new nickname Little Fat Girl (LFG) or else I'd be calling her Big Fat Girl (BFG). And the more people responded to her, the more she seemed to glow. Her crowning moment came when she was awarded best dressed of the night. A gesture that shocked each and everyone of us who knew her. Many people were like, "That fat ass won the Best Dressed? Somewhere on earth, it's raining frogs" And some were like, "There must be some mistake, she probably bribed the judges" and yet there were some who were genuinely happy for her. I shall refrain from saying which group I belonged to.

All in all, I must say that LFG left a good impression on me. In her mind, I guess she told herself that even though this was not her event, she was gonna make an impression. I guess with a new look comes new confidence. And kudos to her for being brave and having a thick skin and shaking up people's perceptions!

You go LFG!

No comments: