Sunday, October 04, 2009

all the way

I got a text from one of my fuckbuddies yesterday. Totally expecting it to be a bootycall, I almost rear-ended the car in front of me when I read the text "Wanna meet me for dinner tonight?"

Me and LoudMoaner (LM) have been hooking up for about a year now and each time, it's just sex. Nothing more, nothing less. There is no emotional attachment, no follow-up requirement, nothing. We see each other solely as a piece of meat. But it's not like we discussed our arrangement or signed any agreement, it's just one of those things that happened and kept happening.

I replied with a simple text. "WHY?". And below is a basic transcript of what transpired between us.

LM: It'll be nice to see you with your clothes on for a change ;p

Me: I don't think that's gonna be happening. I've got plans.

LM: I know it'd be weird but it'll be nice to have a conversation with you and get to know you.

Me: You already know more about the best parts of me than most people do so that's enough, don't you think?

LM: It's just that we've been seeing each other for a year now and I don't even know what kind of movies you like or what your favourite colour is or whether you have a pet?

Me: RomComs. Purple. Nope.

The conversation ended here. I mean seriously, why ruin a good thing. I've got no qualms about using LM as a piece of meat. We call each other up when we have needs and when the need is fulfilled, we say goodbye and don't hear from each other again until another need arises. It's so simple. Why complicate things with dinner and movies and introducing to each other's friends? Don't go looking for trouble I always say. Cos sooner or later, trouble will come looking for you ;) Case in point.

I texted LM and told LM what I thought our situation was and how we're comfortable with what we have and that we don't need to take things to another level and as for that whole 'seeing each other for a year' thing, I really wouldn't call it 'seeing each other' since we only sweat everytime we meet.

In today's mad rush for glory, I sincerely think having a few 'friends with benefit' is the only way to live your life and satisfy your needs. Sure, one night stands are cool. And random hook ups are fun but having someone you know will always be there when you need them to be and then not there when you need them not to be there, well, in my eyes that is perfection.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so rude! Another door slammed :)

E on E (you know who this is) said...

SLUT.

LOL@ROM COMS. PURPLE. NOPE

Love your frankness about this!

PY said...

OITS!! How come I dunno bout MR. LM??? :|