Friday, June 26, 2009

goodbye to you



Woke up today with extremely tragic news. EXTREMELY sad tragic news. One of the greatest pop icons of all times passed away today. And no other news in the world today can come close.

It's so tragic. It took awhile for me to grasp the fact that he's gone but he is gone. I never liked Michael but his music and his influence, now that I like. He was truly a force in the music industry and I personally think he has changed and enriched so many of our lives.

I know his music was always blaring in my house when I was growing up. All the countless albums and songs. My sister was a huge fan and so were alot of my cousins and friends. Could never escape him wherever you went. Especially for those of us growing up in the 80s and 90s. It was either BAD or BEAT IT or THRILLER or HEAL THE WORLD. And say what you want, but he had amazing kick ass videos that kept pushing the boundaries of music videos. Every video was a statement in itself and I know people always anticipated the coming of a new MJ video. Just typing this is making my eyes all teary thinking back about the good times I had.

I am very happy to say that I have attended one of his concerts when he was in Malaysia and it was an event to remember forever. I was spellbound and I knew that was the day I fell in love with the music industry and the powers it held.
Rest in peace Michael. You are indeed a legend and will always be cherished.



Another news that saddened me was the passing of my favourite angel, Farrah Fawcett..


Such a beauty, such a stunner, such a smile. She was the epitome of Charlie's Angels. Always liked her, not so much for her acting but more for her personality and her charms. And her hair of course!!
I think she was the first blonde I fell in love with. And as we are all aware, we always remember our first love ;)
Goodbye Farrah.. Rest in peace.

A very wise man I know had this to say about today's passings.. "God's gift of life is such, we r all so inter-connected. I thank God for the gift of entertainers who so enriched our lives..." So true MV. So true!

No comments: