Thursday, April 30, 2009

boom boom pow

I always enjoy a good barbeque and I sincerely believe I rock at barbequeing. SO whenever a need for a barbeque comes up, I'm always first in line.

Recently, I was in the GoldCoast and despite the 16 degrees temperature, we had a small mini barbeque. We had practically an entire lamb, tons of sausages, prawns and of course a good side of potato salads and fresh fruits. The moment that first piece of lamb hit the hot plate and it started to sizzle all thoughts of the cold surroundings melted away into a frenzied hunger pang. I totally enjoy the smell of barbequing meat especially one that's been properly marinated. Alas, since I was Head Chef, I didn't have the chance to take many photos due to my dirty and oily fingers and I got fed up of having to constantly wash them each time I wanted to handle my phone. The first shot is of the meat on the hot plate sizzling away. The heavenly aroma filling the night air.


The subsequent shots are the "WE" that I'm talking about. I do not know anyone else who does a barbeque during late autumn when most sane people would be indoors. But then again sometimes a little craziness helps make life a whole lot more enjoyable doesnt it? We had wine and beer and even champagne as we devoured our little feast of assorted meats. The whole time laughing and shivering in the cold.
Can't wait for my next barbeque. This time in proper tropical climate ;)

1 comment:

Rain said...

keep on writing...love the fresh new look of your blog....about time pun ...hehehe