Sunday, May 27, 2007

then you look at me

A few weeks ago, I decided to do something I don't normally do. I stepped out of my comfort zone and altered my hairstyle. What used to be spiky and gravity defying was now flat and humble. And this is how it is when i'm at home. Just me being my humble self. I stepped out in this style and got good responses all around. Some were shocked at how i looked and some said it doesn't suit me cos it does not represent my wild side. I'm like W H A T E V E R. But overall response was good.

BUT with this new style came new problems. People were approaching more and more. Most of the time, with my previous style, I sort of have an intimidating presence and a devil-may-care attitude which prevents alot of people from actually striking up a conversation with me unless they're really confident and daring. But with this new style, everyone was talking to me!

On the ride to work, this guy in front of me asked me for the time and then proceeds to talk about the weather. I'm looking at him in disbelief and just nodding and he's smiling and going on about the weather. And on that same ride a woman asks me about flight timings in and out of Macau and after I tell her she proceeds to tell me about her holiday plans which I seriously do not give a damn for. Out shopping, random people stop to ask me this and that. Often stupid trivial stuff. I feel like I'm wearing a "Feel free to approach and talk to me" sign.

Don't get me wrong. I welcome all sorts of human interaction but alot of the time, I just don't wanna talk to people. Seriously. So despite the good response, I've returned to my old hair which served me very well. And back to my regular diva-self.

I learned a lesson from all this, I look good no matter what ;) Sorry no pics!

No comments: