Tuesday, July 20, 2010

hey soul sister


I woke up yesterday to some very sad news. A good friend of mine gave up his life to the Almighty after months of battling an illness. For awhile my world just stopped moving.

It was so sudden. He was in and out of the hospital and I kept telling myself to go see him in the hospital but kept making excuses not to. Excuses like, 'he'll be out soon' and 'he'll be better soon'. But now it's too late to regret not going to see him and talking to him and relishing our friendship.

He was the kind of guy who ALWAYS had something fun to say and who always had abit of sound advise to share. He touched many with his golden heart and was respected because of his soul. He was such a kindred spirit who had a touch of bimboness in him.

I'll never forget the time i shared a room with him in Perth, we shopped til we dropped. I'll also never forget all the times we spent in Ikea and the few rare drinks we shared in cafes and bars. And all those times we made fun of people. He'd scold me for being so rude and then laugh about it and then scold me again and say it's not right to make fun of people. Those were good times. Very good times.

This sums up my feelings completely:

The times when we would play about, the way we used to scream and shout
We'd never dreamt you'd go your own sweet way
Look for the rainbow in every storm
Find out for certain, love is gonna be there for you
You'll always be someone's baby

Thank you so much my dear Azman Shah, my Ms Hoochie for all the love and for blessing me with your life. I'll always cherish you. Always.

3 comments:

E said...

im sorry to read about your friend's passing. what u wrote was really a nice touching send off. he seems like a true character! take care T!hugs xoxox

Rain said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rain said...

alamak salah comment.. my comment should have been in the other entry ... hehe... yes am sad for sasha ... last trip to melb was with him ... met chef wan ... miss him dearly ...