Wednesday, July 25, 2007

stranger

Was having dinner with Diamonds, Sapphire and Karats last night at a very popular streetside restaurant. This place is located in one of KL's most notorious places but it is known for it's good food and good prices. So there we were, eating the seafood delicacies. Actually it was more Diamonds and me that were gorging ourselves on the shellfish. Sapphire and Karats stuck to the tried and tested meals. It was raining and we were sitting under the umbrella with the passing cars and colourful people as entertainment. It was literal pig-fest. When it came to the bill, we decided to split it. Me and Diamonds paid for our seafood fiesta while Sapphire and Karats paid for theirs. But the road to paying glory was not an easy one. Becos the bill-collector was this old Chinese woman who could not make out what our orders were. She didn't speak English and we didn't speak Chinese save for Karats. So it was this huge chaos as she tried to figure out who had what and we explaining who had what. And then she called the other workers to come and help her figure it out. At one point, we had about 5 of them surrounding our table including the chefs! All talking excitedly and heatedly. I was in fear for my life. Cos they did not look friendly (don't forget this is gangster territory). I grabbed Sapphire's hand for my own comfort. Needless to say everyone was looking at our direction!! After what seemed like a court trial, our bill was settled.

The table next to us, was occupied by 2guys. Both abit sleazy looking but sexy in a VERY dirty way. Esp one of them. I didn't tell the others this cos they would freak out and die. So anyway, the 2 guys had a bottle of Chivas on the table with them and were happily emptying it. And through out our "bill trial" the better looking of the two started hitting on Diamonds quite blatantly. I caught the eye contacts and the subtle hinting cos I've had my share of it in clubs and bars. I finally told Diamonds to please ignore them and I'm pretty sure she was already ignoring them. And then he shifted his attention to me. And it was so plain obvious what he was trying to do. He was doing all sorts of actions and hints, asking me to leave the table and come over and join them. And I'm like.. How RUDE. I'm with friends. And any one of these girls could have been my girlfriend! My conclusion was this guy was just plain horny and just wanted to get laid and he would take anything or anyone he could. Sad.. Very sad.

And this again leads me to the plain old adage of why is it always the unpretty ones who dare come up to you and ask you out or even try their luck? This has been the topic of countless debates between my posse and me and our conclusion was that it's because they've got nothing to lose. Which is true. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Sigh..

I read somewhere that Sex Favors The Bold. I find that true. Very true. Heaven knows I'd still be a virgin if I hadn't always acted on my thoughts.

3 comments:

Collecting Moments said...

Very very very true. the ugly ones really got nothing to loose. Got to give them the credit for at least trying.

Next time bring me along :D

Shining King said...

eeeeeewwwwhhh... i suppose dat was the alcohol dat made dat guy wana try his luck??

Anonymous said...

hi guys so happy to be between you yayaay love the blog soo much ^^