Monday, October 16, 2006

say you'll be there

Last Friday, my friend Mr.Fur asked me out to a new club. The club's name was The Laundry. And I guess you can already see where this is going..

Fur: Babe, wanna hang out tonight?
Me: Depends.. Where we going?
Fur: Well, the girls wanna go to the laundry and I thought i'd join them.
Me: Laundry? Darling.. Why on earth would I want to follow them to pick up their clothes? It's really not my thing.
Fur: But..
Me: And seriously fool, you need to think of better things to do on a Friday night than follow a bunch of girls to go get their laundry. It so not happening.

At this point, he burst out laughing. And I got angry.

Me: What's so funny?
Fur: You! You're funny!

Then and only then did I realize my faux pas. I could have died. I could feel the blood rushing to the surface of my face. Thank God, this was a private conversation and not some place public. But Mr.Fur had a good laugh and so did everyone else when I told them.

No comments: